Make your buildings smart through IoT and big data analytics
The roll-out of the Internet of Things (IoT) enables organizations to make existing buildings smart. Technology is no longer a barrier. Low-cost wireless sensors can measure almost anything today and new wireless technology (e.g. LoRa) facilitates the installation of these sensors without the need for power, cabling or even WIFI connectivity.
The data captured from connected buildings can be used to:
- Enhance building performance
- Optimize resource usage
- Target service delivery
- Improve the employee experience in the workplace
Smart buildings start with smart scenarios
IoT big data can help you measure ongoing performance, provide real-time guidance to users and predict outcomes through pattern recognition and trends analysis. The trick is to gather the right data for what you want to optimize for.
A successful approach starts with defining key improvement areas and picking relevant scenarios. MCS brings a scenario development methodology that translates pain points into specific use cases, enabled by smart building technologies.
Big data integration and analytics is key to achieving value
Integrated analysis of data from sensors, IWMS/CAFM software, and other sources allows facility services and interventions to be driven by the realities on the ground, instead of being executed according to pre-defined schedules.
Getting from big data to actionable intelligence is more than a technology project however: it requires the right analytics tools and close collaboration between data scientists and workplace design, facility services or energy management specialists.
MCS brings a combination of advanced technologies and deep domain expertise that enables you to gain insight into performance drivers and to innovate your workplace and service management.
Benefits of myMCS Smart Buildings solution
- End-to-end solution (sensors, connectivity, cloud, data management and analytics)
- Reliable wireless technology for use in large buildings (LoRa: low power, long range)
- Data interpretation by an integrated team of data scientists supported by MCS domain specialists
- User-centric approach, enabling smart scenarios across different domains
- Allows to rightsize space and service delivery based on actual usage
- Leverages your existing investment in BMS and other building systems
- Can integrate with your IWMS/CAFM and other systems
myMCS Smart Buildings solution framework